How does an athlete go from here…………
- Be kind to yourself and your body.
- Communicate with your coaches and listen to your body (especially when it hates you)
- REALLY enjoy yourself……Don’t just say you do
- Look outside yourself when your inside won’t shut up
- Set some goals for yourself that don’t have a number attached to them
- Share in someone else’s journey
- Make someone else’s day
- Realize that no one cares about your finish time but you, and if they do, they really don’t care about YOU
- If it isn’t fun……It isn’t worth it!
I promise they work! 4th place age-group finish and a slot (not even a roll-down) to World Championships doesn’t lie. For once in my life………..I think I’m starting to figure out this life we call TRIATHLON!
Instead of a lengthy race report…….I’ll let the photos tell the story!
Marci, Me, Sarah, and Mindy! Tattooed and ready to roll….
I will probably never get an M-Dot tattoo, but I’ll use temporary ones any chance I get :)
One of my favorite pics! I’m pretty sure I’m telling Debbie that I was peeing in my wetsuit…..RIGHT THEN! She doesn’t seem impressed :)
Boy am I one attractive swimmer….YIKES! Little water in my sleeves…..Aqauman is sending me a smaller size :)
If only you could hear the sound of me squeezing my brakes while making this turn….Still gotta work on that. My helmet ROCKS though!
Here is Sydney screaming her guts out for me! She said after I finished, “Wow Mommy! You run really fast!”
I haven’t seemed to have fixed the “elbow thing” when I run. Trevor we need to still work on that!
And once again I win for most awkward finish line photo! Good Grief!
Me and Craig! I beat him by a solid 3 minutes…..Score one for me! He runs me down in every other race….It’s about time :)
Happy girls on the podium! Of course Sarah’s was just a bit more impressive than mine with her 2nd place/2nd amateur finish….But I’ll take my 4th place age group finish!
Adam and I posing with my World Championship Qualifying paperwork! And it wasn’t a rolldown, Tony :)
And this is how we celebrate and recover. Family, friends, s’mores and a backyard movie!
HUGE THANK YOU to all my supporters! It is overwhelming! Thank you for all the love! Special thanks to Altra Running for amazing shoes and HK Cycling for always keeping me rolling!